Monday, November 19, 2012

Meet April

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm April. I'm the wife in this husband and wife adventure. I do most of our social media, meaning I write the blog and I update the Facebook page. Unless there are spelling errors. Then Brandon did it.

I'm kind of a newbie to the world of craft beer. I've only been a fan for about three years. A lot of people find it funny that the first beer I fell in love with was Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. Not exactly a gateway beer, if you know what I mean. But if you know me, and you know that beer, you're probably not surprised at all.

I'm bold. I'm loud. I like things that are detailed and ornate. I don't do bland or plain. And I really don't do simple or minimal. I'm totally over the top, sequins blazing, jazz hands extended all the time. I jump in head first. There's usually no hesitation once I make up my mind. Go big or go home. Right?

So when Brandon said to me "I want to start a brewery," I just looked at him and said "Okay. Let's do this." And there has been no turning back. When people said we were crazy, I said "So?" And when they asked what we knew about running a brewery, I said "We'll bust our asses and learn." And when they asked what will happen if it doesn't work out, I said "That's not an option. It will."

I believe in us. I believe in Brandon and his talents and abilities. I believe in his passion for this industry. I believe in our concept for this brewery. And I believe with my whole heart and soul it will bring amazing things to our community. I can't wait to get to know our regulars, to build this Mischief family, and to support this community with charitable events.

We are really looking forward to being a part of your lives, and we are so appreciative of your patience and support. We are always so overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity shown by the people who have been following our story. If you can in anyway contribute to our CraftFund, which will give us that last little bit needed to bridge the gap to opening, we will be eternally grateful.

And these jazz hands will always reach out to squeeze you. (Did I forget to mention I'm a hugger? You have been warned.)

No comments:

Post a Comment